San Diego Comic Con is coming soon, and you know what does it come along with? Tons of news, images, trailers and sneak peak for geeks! Last year Batman v Superman, Deadpool and Suicide Squad had a great presence at the convention which sparked great interest in these comic book properties.
This year we have some more interesting prospects at the con. Marvel is bringing in Doctor Strange into the mix (here’s hoping Guardians of the Galaxy makes an appearance too). Warner Bros. meanwhile are getting the cast of both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman cast to San Diego according to a new press release.
- “Wonder Woman” stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine and Connie Nielsen and director Patty Jenkins.
- “Suicide Squad” stars Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Scott Eastwood, Cara Delevingne, Adam Beach and Karen Fukuhara, along with writer/director David Ayer.
- Director Chris McKay and star Will Arnett from “The LEGO Batman Movie.” Charlie Hunnam, who plays the title role in Guy Ritchie’s epic actioner “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,” from Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures.
- Stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman, Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell and director Jordan Vogt-Roberts of Warner Bros.’ and Legendary Pictures’ “Kong: Skull Island.”
- Director David Yates with stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller and Colin Farrell from “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”
What is more interesting is that the press release also carried the official plot synopsis for Wonder Woman’s first solo outing. The synopsis reads as follows:
Joining Gadot in the international cast are Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner and Saïd Taghmaoui. Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg, based on characters from DC Entertainment. Wonder Woman was created by William Moulton Marston. The film is produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder and Richard Suckle, with Rebecca Roven, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with RatPac-Dune Entertainment, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, “Wonder Woman.” The film is scheduled for release on June 2, 2017, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. www.wonderwomanfilm.com
The synopsis covers the basics of the origin of the iconic super heroine. But the important tidbits come from the credits part. For a long time we knew it was Jason Fuchs who was writing the screenplay for the film. There were genuine concerns as Fuchs also scripted the very poor Pan starring Hugh Jackman.
However it should be comforting for many to see that Fuchs has no credits in the writing at all. DC’s Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns (who just got promoted a few months back) and film screenwriter and comic book writer Alan Heinberg have written the final screenplay. Heinberg has worked extensively on TV being writer and producer for shows like Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. The story has been written by Zack Snyder along with Heinberg.
Follow us for more updates on the story as we all wait for a teaser to drop at the San Diego Comic Con ! (One can only be hopeful).